There are many culinary techniques that exist today to prepare food, either at home or at the restoration level. One of the most recent is the cook at low temperatures, which can be carried out with the help of vacuum packaging bag, but also without them. So you know what this is cooking method and what are the advantages, en.com we explain What is low temperature cooking?You may also be interested: What is vacuum cooking
What we understand by low temperature cooking
Low temperature cooking can be defined as the cooking process in which the cooking temperature is close to the desired heart temperature. For this, low intensity heat sources can be used for food with the aim of cooking them for as long as possible periods.
In this type of cooking, it is necessary to have a technology that ensures a precise control of cooking temperature and humidity.
How to cook at low temperature
It can be done in two ways:
- With vacuum bags: favor food security and reduce waste. You can see here what vacuum cooking is.
- Without vacuum bags: It will be important to control the degree of humidity so that the food does not dry out and reduce too much.
What are the advantages of low temperature cooking?
Through low temperature cooking, we get different results from other culinary techniques. Some of the benefits of low temperature cooking results are:
- The loss of liquids and the dehydration and drying of the products are avoided.
- Food with more contrasted flavors.
- Softer textures, compared to traditional methods of higher temperature and less time.
- The aromas remain much more.
- The low temperature helps digest food to a greater extent.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is low temperature cooking?We recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.