You want lose weight permanently? Then stop miracle diets and food promises that guarantee you incredible weight loss in record time. Why? Because as soon as you finish that diet and eat again, the kilos will come back to you like a magnet. In order to lose weight, it is important to change certain eating habits that provide us with excess calories that cannot be metabolized by our body and, therefore, end up accumulating as saturated fats.
It is important eat to lose weight but eat well, opt for nutritious foods, low in saturated fat and easily digestible, in this way, we get to introduce in our body the vitamins and minerals it needs to function properly. In this article we are going to tell you how to eat and lose weight by giving you the basic premises that you should start practicing to benefit from a healthy body and Eliminate the extra kilos without starving.You may also like: How to eat less bread Steps to follow: 1
It's possible eat and lose weight? Of course! In fact, it is that our body needs nutrients of food in order to function and be in perfect condition for both internal and external processes. When people make low-calorie diets or plan to make food plans too extreme, they often feel side effects such as fatigue, tiredness, dizziness, weakening, constipation, among others.
For this reason, these types of methods that promise to lose many kilos in a short time should be avoided as much as possible because your health is at stake and, in addition, that planning so low in calories cannot be extended too much in time so, sooner or later, you will return to a normal diet and you will recover them again.2
So if you want lose weight in a healthy way You must plan your menu so you can provide your body with the nutrients it needs to function properly. Stop eating is counterproductive because the only thing you will get is to go hungry, feel very tired and, above all, not have the strength to continue with your weight loss planning.
But losing weight can be easy If you know how to satisfy your appetite and never get bored of what you eat. In this article we do not want to give you an express diet but what we are looking for is to help you change some eating habits that are responsible for not losing weight and, even, that you can gain it.3
We start talking about some concepts that will help you eat and lose weight. It is a way of activate your metabolism and also of reduce your appetite making you not get too hungry to the main meals of the day. To get all this just just distribute your meals in 5 shots a day and, that these, are full of nutrients, fiber and water that will satisfy your appetite, will help you cleanse the body and contribute to fluid retention. So, it is essential that your day be divided in a similar way to this plan:
- 9h: Breakfast
- 11h: Mid morning
- 14h: Lunch
- 17h: Snack
- 20h: Dinner
As you can see, it is a simple plan that has 5 meals and that, between each take, no more than 4 hours pass by what you do so that your liver is metabolizing throughout the day the food you eat and, of course, avoid being hungry between hours Of course, between hours, you should avoid eating snacks, snacks or sweets and opt for another type of healthier snack such as fruits, raw vegetables (a carrot, for example) or skim milk.
In this article we tell you how to eat healthy meals between meals so you can get inspired and start creating your menu.4
In addition to the distribution of meals another important factor is the food we eat according to the time of day because our body does not need the same caloric injection in the morning as at the end of the night and that is an essential premise that you must take into account if you want to lose weight. Here are the meals so you know what you can include in your menu:
Is The most important meal of the day and, in it, you must include the nutrients that our body needs to be able to spend the whole day with energy and vitality. At this time you can take foods such as the following:
- Fruits (both in juice and natural)
- Carbohydrates (cereals, whole wheat crackers, toast with whole wheat bread, etc.)
- Healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, butter, avocado, etc.)
- Skim milk (milk, yogurt, coffee with milk, etc.)
It is the shot that will help you not to get too hungry to the main meal and aims to quench your appetite and provide an extra dose of energy. At this time you can opt for foods such as:
- Fruits of the time
- Dairy products
- Integral sandwich
- 2 wholemeal cookies
It is also important this shot because we still have half the day and if we do sports or have an intense day we will need the energy contribution to be able to be with vitality. Thus, the foods you can include are the following:
- Complex carbohydrates (whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes, etc.)
- Legumes (chickpeas, lentils, beans, etc.)
- Vegetables or vegetables
- Healthy proteins (lean meats, fish, eggs, etc.)
- Skim yogurt
Unlike mid-morning, the snack should be more controlled because it is already done during the afternoon and our body does not require such a large injection of energy. Thus, among the best recommended options we highlight the following:
- Skim milk
- Vegetables (carrot, cucumber, celery, etc.)
- 3 slices of turkey
- 0% fresh cheese
If you want to lose weight this is the food with which you should be more careful because it is the last intake of the day and, therefore, the one that contains the least calories because the body prepares to sleep, at which time the metabolism slows down and unused calories end up accumulating as saturated fat. So, among the best food for dinner These stand out:
- Cooked vegetables (boiled spinach, sauteed vegetables, baked pepper, etc.)
- Lean meats (chicken, rabbit or turkey) cooked lightly
- White fish (hake, sole, monkfish, etc.) because they contain the least fat
- Skim milk
How do you see, in the last two meals of the day you should not take carbohydrates They contain a lot of energy that, if not consumed, becomes fat. Also, during the night it is not recommended to drink fruit because it has a lot of sugar that should be reserved for the rest of the meals.5
To eat and lose weight you must also take into account the way you cook Food is of no use to take a large amount of vegetables if you are fried or cooked with bechamel, for example. It is best to opt for healthy recipes that are cooked lightly and do not increase the caloric intake of each dish. So, among the best options for cooking your dishes, these methods stand out:
- Baked: with baking, the foods themselves take out their juice and, thus, avoid having to use too much oil or sauces to flavor it.
- Boiled: Boiled foods do not need cooking oil but only need water, so you will not increase their calories.
- Griddle: It is another of the best methods for light cooking because with just a dash of olive oil you can saute your vegetables or cook your proteins.
In addition, you should avoid excessive use of oil (that is, nothing fried or battered) and remove the sauces from your dishes. If you want to give a different and tastier touch to your recipes you can opt for spices such as thyme, cilantro, rosemary, paprika, etc.6
And obviously food choice Ideal is very important to achieve your goal of losing weight. You should stop including some fatty and too caloric options and replace them with much healthier and lower fat. Here is a list of what you can eat and what you should not eat if you want to lose weight.
What to eat to lose weight
- Vegetables and vegetables: they are full of nutrients and yet they hardly contain calories or fat
- Fruits: they are an injection of essential energy for our body, they contain a lot of water, they are rich in nutrients and have hardly any calories
- Lean meats: they are the least fatty meats there are and, therefore, the best ones to include in your diet
- White fish: they are also the ones that contain less fat and, nevertheless, offer a great nutritional contribution
- Whole Carbohydrates: it is recommended that they are always integral to increase fiber intake and reduce the sugar contained in those that are refined
- Vegetables: they are ideal for providing minerals such as iron, full of fiber and with a vital energy contribution
- Eggs: if you want to lose weight, the part of the white is the best to get it because it is full of protein and has hardly any calories; the yolk, however, is rich in healthy fats
- Skimmed Dairy Products: they are a great source of protein and minerals and their caloric intake is reduced
In we give you some tips so you know how to eat without getting fat.7
What NOT to eat to lose weight
- Pastry, sweets, cakes, and so on: they contain a lot of sugar and trans fats that remain stored in our body as saturated fat. In addition, they hardly provide nutrients
- Salty snacks: chips, sticks or other snacks also provide almost nutrients and, however, they have a lot of salt and calories that harm our body
- Fried or battered: the oil is a source of healthy fats but, in abundance, it is transformed into bad fats that increase the caloric intake of the dishes without providing nutrients
- Sauces: are options full of fat and calories that do not provide nutrients to our body
- Fast food: hamburgers, pizzas, chips, soft drinks and other food that is prepared in fast food are full of fat and an unnecessary caloric intake
If you want to read more articles similar to How to eat and lose weightWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.